Tuesday, December 2, 2014

God Speaks in A Dream About the Trinity

God began to speak to me in dreams during my college years. The first time I remember this was when, during a Bible Class, we were studying the Trinity and I was trying to understand how three could be One.

During this time I had a dream, I was out in the desert with bright blue sky and the sun shining unhindered. No clouds. I was with my sister at a picnic table. We were getting ready to sit down when I suddenly noticed something unusual happening in the sky. The full moon over to the side began to grow larger. Then a distant star on the other side began to grow larger too.

I was so shocked I remember telling my sister to go grab our camera so we could take pictures of this! The moon and star continued to grow until they were equally as large as the sun--all the exact same size!

Then, before we could get the camera, the sun, moon and star all began to merge together into one glorious light. We were awestruck and I awoke. Mystified.

I knew the dream was from God, but didn't know what it meant. I immediately told my roommate about the strange dream and she knew it must have come from God to help in my struggles to understand the reality of the Trinity. There was no way to humanly understand this mystery. God wanted to show me He was three in One in a very memorable way.  It all came clear and all I could do was worship this Three-in-One God: my Father, His Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I never doubted the reality of the Trinity again.

I told this story to the boys and asked them to draw a picture. They didn't exactly know how to get the motion of them all coming together, but made a some great pictures. I like Isaac's picture of Nancy with the red hair and me with my hands raised!











Trinity Verse for Christmas: The Spirit, the Most High and the Son of God all in one verse!

Luke:34:35
“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”
The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God."

Song of the Trinity
Come Thou Almighty King by Charles Wesley. Each of the first three verses addresses a different member of the Trinity. The fourth addresses the Three-In-One.
(1) Come, thou almighty King,
help us thy name to sing;
help us to praise:
Father, all glorious,
o'er all victorious,
come, and reign over us,
Ancient of Days.

(2) Come, thou incarnate Word,
merciful, mighty Lord,
our prayer attend.
Come, and thy people bless,
and give thy word success;
Spirit of holiness,
on us descend.

(3) Come, holy Comforter,
thy sacred witness bear
in this glad hour.
Thou who almighty art,
now rule in every heart,
and ne'er from us depart,
Spirit of power.

(4) To thee, great One in Three,
eternal praises be,
hence evermore!
Thy sovereign majesty
may we in glory see,
and to eternity
love and adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment